No tags yet.
This month's focus is on PLAYING!!
What better way to celebrate summer and the joy that comes with it!??!
1. engage in activity for enjoyment and recreation rather than a serious or practical purpose
Playing is one of the most beautiful ways to access joy and a sense of freedom. All of your grounding hard work over the first half of this year has allowed you to access the safety and softness in being playful.
When was the last time you played? What did you do? How did you feel in this experience?
Playfulness is not just for kids...although they can make the experience seemingly easier to access. Children are able to let go of the stresses of the world, the fears of judgement, and they allow themselves to move their bodies through life with an ease. We all have that ability, and even though society tells us to be serious....I say let that bullshit go, and just have some fun! You deserve it!!
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Put on your favorite music and move your body to the beat. Dance like nobody is watching, sing as loudly as you want. Let yourself be with the music...who cares if you aren't an expert dancer (I cannot control these limbs, no matter how hard I try....it's still fun to move!)
2. Get outside!! One of our favorite outdoor activities is to throw a frisbee. My husband and I will have a teamwork competition, to see how many passes we can do without dropping. It's fun and carefree! (gets your brain involved too...double win!)
3. Go for a walk, smell the flowers, look up at the sky and make shapes in the clouds with your imagination.
4. Grab a canvas and some paints, and go to town! Maybe get your hands involved...who cares about the mess, that is what sinks are for!
5. Go see a funny movie, and just let yourself laugh and laugh and laugh!
6. Get a few friends together and play a boardgame!
7. If you have children around, let them show you how to play. Allow them to help you access your inner child. Let the critic take a break, and let these little experts show you how it's done!
8. Perhaps you can pull out some of your own childhood toys (if you still have them). We recently hung out with friends, looking through all of their old star wars toys. Not only was it fun to go down memory lane, but experiencing this through the eyes of their son was also enjoyable.
You can follow along as I share about my playing experience on Instagram, using the #12monthsofgrounding. I look forward to seeing what creative ways you access PLAYING in your life this month!